0% Commission Fee (NO fees)
NO breaks in payments, NO void periods
Rental starts in as soon as 24 hours!
NO Utilities or Council tax to worry about
Rent your property for 365 days a year Guaranteed rent whether property occupied or empty
Charlesons will guarantee the rent on your property regardless of whether the tenant pays or not. As a landlord opting for a leasing scheme, you will benefit from rent paid to your account via BACS, on time each month without delay.
In some cases, and if the property is applicable, Charlesons can arrange to pay the entire first 12 months rent to the landlord in advance. This clearly provides a huge benefit in cash flow and certainty, and helps maximise the return on your investment.
No additional cover needed…
The Charlesons Leasing scheme saves you time and money. As a landlord you will not need to take any additional cover to protect yourself from rent arrears as this is all covered by Charlesons.
We will pay your rent each month, rather than your tenants, which will continue through void periods even when the property is empty for a while. Charlesons will also take on the day to day management of the property, including inspections etc.
Charlesons will meet all legal expenses and all court costs should there be any legal proceedings e.g. tenant disputes, tenant’s evictions etc.
Our Guaranteed Rent service will provide:
- Assessment of Property Certificate obligations – if instructed will carry out EPC, Gas Safety, any local authority licensing required.
- Compiling relevant tenancy agreements
- Checking tenant into property, and agreeing and signing the inventory
- Managing all day to day tenant queries and property issues
- Rent collection and any rent related issues
Benefits of Charlesons ‘Hassle-Free’ Leasing Scheme:
- Rent paid even if your property is empty.
- Rent paid even if the tenant fails to pay.
- Prompt Rental Payments – on time, every time to landlord via BACS.
- Regular property inspections to ensure property is being maintained as per inventory/check in.
- Property returned to landlord in same condition at start of tenancy, subject to fair wear and tear allowances.
- Minor repairs up to £75 included.
- NO problem tenants.
- NO setup fees, no Letting fee.
- NO eviction costs.
- FULL management service.
- GUARANTEED contract start date.
There are minimum safety requirements for any property to be considered for inclusion within the scheme:
- NICEIC Electrical Certificate
- Gas Safety Certificate produced by a registered Gas Safe engineer
- Fire Door to Kitchen with a Door Closer
- Restrictors to all windows on the 1st floor and above
- Hardwired Carbon monoxide detector
- Hardwired Smoke Alarms in communal areas
- Smoke alarms to all floors
- Vanity Release Locks to Bathroom
- Quick Release Locks to front and back entrance doors
- Sealed lights to kitchen and Bathrooms
Charlesons Management Team can produce quotes and arrange for any works to be undertaken, and for required certificates to be produced.
All properties are let on an unfurnished basis which means that only appliances need to be included by the landlord.
Mandatory appliances include:
- Cooker or oven and hob unit
- Washing machine
- Fridge and freezer
Usual additional appliances include:
- Tumble dryer
- All appliances must be new or in good working condition and carry a PAT certificate or gas safety certificate.
- All properties must be well decorated and clean.
- Any other items provided are at the Landlord’s discretion and Charlesons cannot be held liable for these.
Charlesons is a voluntary member of key governing bodies, which work to raise standards within the industry, including:
- The Property Ombudsmen – https://www.tpos.co.uk
- The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) – http://www.naea.co.uk
- • The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) – http://www.arla.co.uk
- • Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) – https://www.depositprotection.com
Client Money Protection
Membership requires sufficient professional indemnity insurance cover, audited client accounts and annual audits. This ensures our clients are covered by a bonding scheme that provides financial protection for client monies held by Charlesons.
Landlords with more than 5 properties will benefit from a dedicated property manager who will personally take care of your portfolio. Charlesons will also offer
free annual gas and electric safety checks.